The ancient Greeks recognized the extraordinary healing properties of music, and modern medicine now acknowledges this as well.
Recent medical studies have confirmed the beliefs of the Greeks, revealing that music has the ability to slow down heart rate, lower blood pressure, and reduce levels of stress hormones. Moreover, it has been found to provide some relief to individuals recovering from heart attacks, stroke, and surgical procedures.
Interestingly, music also has the capacity to increase blood flow, which is highly beneficial for healing tired, stiff, sore, and injured muscles.
Harvard Medical School highlights the following findings:
Researchers at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore conducted a study where they measured blood flow in healthy volunteers while they listened to music or relaxation tapes. The results showed a significant increase in blood flow when the volunteers listened to music that evoked joy or relaxation, whereas it decreased when they listened to music that induced anxiety.
By enhancing blood flow, we facilitate the circulation of fresh blood throughout the body, carrying essential oxygen and nutrients that are vital to the healing process. Improved circulation and blood flow enable more healing nutrients and oxygen to reach the cells, thereby rejuvenating the body.
This is the primary objective of our Muscle Relaxation meditation. It induces relaxation in your mind, slows down your heart rate, and reduces your sensitivity to any aches or discomfort you may experience. Consequently, it enhances blood flow throughout your body and muscles, promoting rejuvenation.
About the Muscle Relaxation Meditation
Muscle relaxation begins with Theta wave frequencies, which are slow sound waves that induce a relaxed state in the brain. We utilize a frequency of 7.83 Hz, which is associated with healing and recovery.
Subsequently, we entrain the brain to a lower frequency state using Delta waves, settling at 3 Hz. This frequency is known to alleviate muscle tension and moderate pain.
For the music tuning, we employ 528 Hz, a frequency derived from the ancient Solfeggio scale. It is believed to foster deep inner peace and facilitate DNA repair within the body.
This combined frequency approach provides a potent muscle relaxant, enabling you to alleviate tension and promote recovery.
How to Use the Muscle Relaxation Meditation
1. Find a quiet, warm, and comfortable space. You can choose to sit or lie down. Options like a bed, armchair, sofa, or even a carpeted floor are suitable.
2. Eliminate any potential distractions such as the TV or radio. Close the door to prevent external noise from disturbing you, and set your phone to silent mode. Once you feel at ease, put on your headphones.
3. This music can also be enjoyed during long train or airplane journeys.
4. As you listen, you will perceive the vibrations of the frequencies resonating through the music. These frequencies will entrain your brain, inducing deep relaxation while creating a sensation similar to a non-physical massage enveloping your body.
5. It's not uncommon to experience a light sleep while listening. If you find yourself drifting off, simply relax and allow yourself to go with it; the music will continue its soothing effects.